In the latest Gear Guide from mail order fishing tackle company, Veals, an intriguing new multiplier is featured – the British made TG-F1 from the company behind Rocket Fuel.
Despite the Rocket Reel Company’s TG-F1 looking very similar to another leading brand of fishing reel, the majority of parts are bespoke and machined/manufactured to the highest quality possible. The end result? A casting/fishing reel without compromise. This reel has been created with ultimate performance in mind, not availability to the masses – as the £345 price tag confirms.
- Eezy-Grip one-piece, low profile, hard anodised reel cage
- Lightweight spool with extra strong tempered wire circlips
- ABEC 7 hybrid ceramic bearings
- Rigid axis with no spool/cage contact
- Centralised spool location
- Integral chromed brass side-plates
- The latest carbontex drag system from the Smoothie Drag people
- Carbon fibre brake blocks from Zziplex
- Monomag magnetic control brake system
- Each reel is numbered and includes a certificate
- Designed and built in Great Britain
Full details aren’t quite available yet but we do know that the reel is the equivalent size of an ABU Ambassadeur 6500 – perfect for tournament casting and beach fishing. The reel features TG’s high performance spool, made for the ABU 6 series and uses ceramic bearings for ultimate performance. The TG-F1 is built in the UK to the highest standards making it the ultimate casting/fishing reel available straight out the box.
The first batch is due for availability in November 2009 from Veals.co.uk.